Will all CTE resources on the Texas grantee sites (University of North Texas - UNT, Stephen F. Austin State University - SFA, Texas A&M University - TAMU) be available on the new site, or remain on those sites?
Not all CTE resources on the grantee sites are migrating to the new resource center. With the implementation of new CTE TEKS in the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, all of the existing resources need to be updated and aligned with new state standards. The grantee websites are available through the end of August 2017. After August 31st, the content on those sites will no longer be available. Due to contract issues, some decommissioning may begin the day of the 31st, so don’t wait until the last minute to download anything that you want from those sites. There will be no support for accessing content after the sites are decommissioned. Remember that content on these sites are not aligned to the new CTE TEKS in effect for the 2017-2018 school year.
Many of the foundational resources for existing and new CTE courses will be provided on the resource center site. Some of the foundational resources that will be available include:
- Updated career cluster and career development guides
- Programs of study in high-demand, high wage careers
- Scope and sequence documents for all CTE courses
- Updated work based learning (WBL) professional development course
- Updated special populations courses
- Many CTE TEKS aligned lesson plans
- Many CTE supplemental resources
- CTE teacher, counselor, and administrator resources